The following is a brief statement of what we believe:
1. The Bible is the authoritative Word of God for faith and life. Every word and thought is “God-breathed” and therefore inerrant, infallible, and eternally preserved. Hence the Bible alone is the only standard for faith and life.
2. There is one God in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is the sovereign Creator and Ruler of the universe, sustaining and preserving all creation by His eternal counsel and providence. God has chosen his people in Christ unto Salvation without any merit of man.
3. All men, by the sin of Adam and Eve, fell from their original righteousness and communion with God, making them enslaved to sin and to Satan. Adam’s sin has totally corrupted all men and every part of human nature. Being thus depraved in body and soul, men are eternally condemned by the just judgment of God.
4. The Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh. He was born of the virgin Mary, crucified, dead and buried. He rose bodily from the dead and is now reigning at the right hand of God the Father. Christ has died for all whom the Father has given to Him and fully accomplished all that is necessary for their salvation through his active and passive obedience.
5. Sinful men are saved from eternal condemnation by the grace of God alone, through repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ. The grace of God’s Holy Spirit is necessary and sovereign if we are to believe. Hence, God alone should receive all the glory from beginning to end. For Christians, Jesus Christ is the only Savior and the Sovereign Lord over every part of their lives. God preserves his people in the Faith unto everlasting life.
6. The church is the body of professing Christians and their children. The church is distinguished by the pure preaching of the Word of God, the proper administration of the sacraments, and the faithful exercise of Christian discipline.
7. Jesus Christ will return again bodily to earth as Judge of all men and to receive His church. All men will be raised from the dead and he will separate believers from unbelievers. Unbelievers will be punished forever in hell. He will then consummate His Kingdom of believers which will replace all the kingdoms of this world.
A more full explanation of what we believe may be found in the following creeds, confessions of faith, and catechisms:
Confessions of Faith and Catechisms of the Protestant Reformation:
Belgic Confession Canons of Dordt
Westminster Confession of Faith
Westminster Larger Catechism
Westminster Smaller Catechism