This means Jesus Christ remains . . .
- The only Savior of mankind who, by the shedding of His precious blood on the cross once and for all, saved sinners like you and me from sin; that is, all who come to Him in true repentance and faith in Him and his atoning work alone.
- King of kings and Lord of lords, who has authority over things – Sovereign over all
- The Word of Life and Light come in the flesh; that is, God the Son, the Second person of the Triune God, who took on Him the very nature of man, both of body and soul, and yet remained very God
- The Way, the Truth, and the Light
- Our Advocate before the Father, ever interceding on behalf of saved sinners
- Our Protector and Preserver by His word and His Spirit
- Our Refuge and Strong Tower in times of trouble; in times trials, suffering, sorrow, disappointment and distress
It means truth remains the same as revealed in the Bible, the inspired, infallible and inerrant written Word of God, and doesn’t change with every wind of doctrine of men who change their minds about everything everyday. He is our stability and our standard. He is not a philosophical ideology that can change at the whim of the opinion of men or societies. Culture neither defines who he is, nor does it establish truth; only God Himself has that authority, and has done both in His Word, the Bible.
Pray that the Lord Jesus Christ who remains the same yesterday, today and tomorrow will grant you grace to look to Him alone for strength and wisdom by His word and Spirit to His glory, forever and ever! Soli Deo Gloria!