“Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, . . . that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.” (Philippians 1:27-28 NKJ)
There is much to praise to the Lord for this year. Though the year is not over and there are a few more events planned we wanted to ask all of you who are following and supporting RGM to consider the following praises and prayer requests in your personal devotions; and if possible, as a matter of praise and prayer for the church that you attend. There is much work to be done in spreading of the uncompromised or undiluted gospel of Jesus Christ.
We live in very troubled times where the authority of Scripture is being questioned even within many churches. There are many who profess faith in Christ, but reject the historical account of the history of mankind from Genesis Chapter One to Revelation. They have gone as far as to teach that Adam and Eve didn’t exist and that Genesis Chapters One through Eleven are myth or poetry. They speak as though science supports these views, when in fact science does not (See Creation.com for the many scientific articles that show science upholding biblical account of the history of mankind as recorded in the Bible). If it is true that Genesis Chapters One through Eleven are not literal accounts of the beginning of all that exists then the whole foundation of the Christian faith crumbles and Christ died a meaningless death. The true Christian Faith is based on historical accounts as revealed and recorded in the Bible, if we cannot believe the historical account at the beginning then why should we believe any of it. The Faith of the Christian is based on the historical evidence, not philosophical ideology or man-made religious dogma.
We need to stand fast in the truth that is revealed to us from God’s word or we will fail in our mission to preach the gospel to those who sit in darkness. And we would ask that keep this work in your prayers. The following will serve as a guideline as you pray for Reformation Gospel Ministries:
- For the many opportunities the Lord has provided in getting His gospel message out this year; tract distribution at two parades, display tables at community events, the park evangelism events and weekly Bible study
- For the opportunity for Rev. Stetler to preach the gospel on the Lord’s day at churches in the area on a more regular basis.
- For the volunteers that the Lord has brought to RGM to help with the work of this project in bringing the gospel to those who are lost and without hope, sitting in darkness
- For the prayer support by many believers who are faithful in lifting up this work and Rev. Stetler to the Lord for strength, boldness and perseverance in this newly formed organization
- For the financial support from the many people who given of their own financial resource to help keep this work going as it struggles to get its feet on the ground
- Upcoming evangelism event in Sioux Center, October 13th – that God will draw to the event those who have been appointed to salvation and need to hear the gospel message
- Bible study on Wednesday evenings – We are beginning the series of studies with a careful look at the various views of creation, including the day age view, old age creation that is a Christianized form of evolution, framework hypothesis ‘framed’ by Dr. Robert Klein – none of these is supported by either biblical, or science – yet these are several of the views held within many Christian denominations and churches. There is even an organization committed to promoting the idea that Adam and Eve didn’t exist. All of these aberrant views serve only to undermine the authority of Scripture and the gospel of Jesus Christ, directly!
- A heart for lost souls (1 Peter 3:15; Matthew 23:37; 14:14; 9:36) – this should on the top of list. We need to pray for the souls who are sitting in darkness; even those may be attending a church – that God will renew their hearts making them alive from being dead in trespasses and sins and to shine the light of the truth in their darkened mind and come to Jesus Christ, the only Savior and Redeemer of sinners like you and me, the only true Light and Life of the world.
- Boldness to witness Christ to the community (Acts 1:8; 2:40-41; Philippians 1:14-17; Romans 10:14) – The gospel is nothing to be ashamed of; yet, as Christians we are often intimidated by the boldness of those who seek to destroy the gospel of Jesus Christ through lies and deceptions that sound convincing but upon sound biblical reflection are nothing more than humanism, man-centered thinking that has been covered over by a veneer of Christian terminology and the twisting of Scripture to their own destruction
- For volunteers (Ephesians 4:11-16; Matthew 9:38) – there are many volunteers to do social work, which needs to be done; however, when come to proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ volunteers seem scarce. We need all sorts of volunteers; those who have strong computer skills; who can help organize events; and those who are able to look out for opportunities to proclaim the gospel. Most of all, we need volunteers to help promote evangelism within their churches; those who are willing to work as a liaison between RGM and their local church to coordinate evangelism events.
- For the Lord to draw to the events those He would have hear the gospel message (John 6:44); that is, those who have been appointed to salvation and need to hear the gospel message (Acts 13:48)
- For the seeds that have planted – That God will use them as a means for the Holy Spirit to work grace in their hearts and bring the seeds to fruition in the salvation of souls, as those who heard the gospel message come to Christ by grace through faith in Him alone to the glory of God.
- Church support of RGM – as an arm or extension of the church, not in competition, but support of it in its evangelism of their communities; both in prayer support and financial support that help RGM help other struggling churches to develop their own evangelism program
- For donations – both corporate and individual donations, either one-time gifts or regular giving, from $1 to $100, or more.
- For Rev. Stetler (Ephesians 6:19; 2 Timothy 4:2) – for boldness and endurance that can only come by the grace of God, our strength and our fortress through Jesus Christ our Lord.
“But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.” (Jude 1:20-25 NKJ)
Soli Deo Gloria!
To support RGM with a donation, go to ReformationGospelMinistries.org, click on the “Donation” tab and make a donation there (one-time or monthly) (you need to have a Paypal account). You may also make a donation by check payable to: RGM; and mail it to: Reformation Gospel Ministries, PO BOX 15, Acton, CA 93510.