“Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, ‘Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?’ And He said to them, ‘It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.’” (Acts 1:6-8 NKJ)
When the apostles had gathered together after Christ had resurrected from the dead, they asked Him if He was going to restore the kingdom of Israel. The question showed their continued lack of understanding as to the purpose of Christ’s coming. They continued to believe that Christ came to conquer the Roman Empire and deliver them its tyrannical rule. They had misapplied the Old Testament Scripture that spoke of God sending a suffering Messiah who would much more deadly enemies, sin, the world, the devil and ultimately death. Through Christ’s suffering and dead on the cross He conquered these most deadly enemies, paying the penalty for the sins of sinners, like you and me, redeeming them from the bondage to sin, and rising up from the grave after three days having conquered death for them, and satisfying fully and completely the requirements of the law on their behalf. Having justified sinners in His death and resurrection He is establishing not an earthly kingdom, but rather a spiritual kingdom as He draws sinners to Himself in the faithful preaching and proclamation of the gospel and giving them the gift of faith to believe and a new life in Him to live to Him and serve Him in gratitude to Him for His glory. This is the testimony the apostles were to witness to others beginning in Jerusalem and “to the end of the earth.”
This is what we are to witness to sinners concerning the person and work of Jesus Christ. We are to witness Christ’s work on the cross that obtained for sinners the forgiveness of sin, righteousness, salvation, and everlasting, which was done by grace alone and is to be embraced by faith alone, as the sinner rests his or her salvation and hope of everlasting life in Christ alone. Only when sinners enter the kingdom of God in this way will there be, by power of the Holy Spirit, righteousness, peace and joy both in this life and in the life to come (Romans 14:17).
At RGM we are dedicated to spreading this message of Christ; the only true message of salvation and everlasting life. We are laboring to spread the gospel both in the United States and to other nations; taking the message of Jesus Christ to the lost and those who sit in darkness.
First, I just want to say that this ministry cannot labor alone in this broad outreach of the gospel both here and other parts of the world. We need your help on many levels: we need your prayers for without the grace of God at work in us we cannot do even a fraction of what the Lord has given us to do. We need volunteers, especially as we get geared up for our season of outreach in NW Iowa – we have many activities planned for 2021 beginning March 17th and 18th and then picking up again in May and running through the summer and fall months. We also need volunteers to help with coordinating our outreach projects in other countries – this is too much for one or two people to do.
Though much of what we have done since the last report has involved our labors supporting ministries out of the country, we continue to hold our weekly Bible study when I’m not preaching at churches out of town. We are studying in the Book of Revelation and have titled the study “The Gospel According to Revelation.” We meet every Lord’s Day at 2 p.m. at the Holiday Inn in Sioux Center, IA. We will begin to look at Chapter 5 the next time we meet on March 21st. We are also gearing up for the Indoor Market Fair on the 17th and 18th of March. We purchased a couple of hundred dollars of books to give away at the Fair along with Bibles and tracts.
Second, we are excited to report for February (and little bit of March – too exciting stuff to leave for the next report) that many of the packages sent out to several countries with tracts, Bibles and books were received and are being distributed, including the winter apparel that was sent to India. We note the following in particular:
- The tracts sent to the Southern part of India in the Telugu language are being distributed as part of a witnessing campaign to the Telugu speaking people of Southern India. People (pictured below) are coming to Christ and prayer meetings are being held to holding up the ministry there as they seek to reach the lost with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Bibles in the Telugu language are given away to new converts – if you would like help this effort people, your contribution will be greatly appreciated:
- In the Northern area of India Pastor Sanjay received the clothes, Bibles, books and tracts (in English and in Hindi) at the beginning of February and is distributing them faithfully. Many are coming to Christ through the tract distribution efforts, with Bibles being given away to new converts (see pictures below). Winter jackets, gloves, hats and scarves were handed out to people in the Himalayan Mountains. Gospel tracts in English and Hindi were also distributed in homes and on the roadside. Many are coming to Christ as the Lord is using the faithful labors of Sanjay to reach those who have not heard the gospel message before.
Rev. Stetler also continues to conduct weekly video prayer meetings (Wednesday evenings US Central Time) with Sanjay in India and one other person here in the States, who has an interest in supporting the work there.
- The Bibles and tracts sent to Nigeria – Brother Joseph, who converted from through the messages by Rev. Stetler and the literature on the Reformation Gospel Ministries website, received his shipment of 6 Bibles and 600 tracts and a couple of reference books for his personal studies – The Bibles and tracts are being distributed to the lost and the Lord is using them to bring to salvation by the blood of Jesus Christ through faith alone in true repentance. We received the following message from Brother Joseph this past month:
“Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.
God is good all the time.
Jesus Christ is the bread of life
Jesus Christ is living water.
We eat bread of life. We drink living water.
We are successful in Jesus name.
Great miracles are happening in Jesus name. . . Sinners, drunker s and smokers and addictions and wicked people needs salvation from Jesus christ. Many will save in Jesus Christ.
please we need more bibles study bibles and books to be freely distributed to new converts the time is short the coming of the lord is at hand.”
- Purchased Bibles books to ship to Peru and Kenya
- A Heritage Reformation Study Bible (donated by my wife, Heidi), 3 Forms of Unity, “The Manual of Christian Doctrine” by Louis Berkhof and Ursinus’ “Commentary on the Heidelberg Catechism” were sent to Kenya – Pastor Benerd Okongo – Shipped on February 1st have been received just recently (March 13th) – no pictures yet.
- Bibles and Gospel tract, both in Spanish were sent to Ignacio Escudero, Peru (northern part of Peru) – Pastor Jaime Frias received the Bibles and tracts on February 23rd (see picture):
5. Reformation Gospel Ministries continues support Rev. James Kartee of Monrovia, Liberia. He is active in working with the local communities to help people become self-sustaining by growing various crops for food, teaching children to grow up utilizing skills and gifts that God has given them. He is also teaching men to become pastors and evangelists. Recently, He went to Ganta, Liberia to participate in pastors’ conference teaching lessons on being a pastor and how to evangelize their communities. Please pray that God raise up faithful men to preach the gospel of Christ without compromise.
Rev. Kartee has been asking Rev. Stetler come to Liberia to do some teaching and to do some evangelism in Liberia. So later this year (in September), Lord willing, Reformation Gospel Ministries is planning to send his there. Please pray that the Lord would be pleased to provide the funding to do so and that travel restrictions would be eased, or preferably, lifted – don’t want to get any CoVid-19 shots.
6. Rev. Stetler wrote an article, which was posted to social media platforms. The article, “Exposing Darkness with the Light” was published on the RGM website and submitted for publication in 2 magazines (the Reformed Herald and Christian Renewal). The Iowa Standard included it in its eNewspaper on March 14th. It has also been submitted to The Aquila Report, which should be including it in its weekly publication soon.
Click here to read the article:
7. The Creation Conference in Sioux Center is still on schedule for August 21st and 22nd, Lord willing. It will be held in the Sioux Center High School Theater, The TePaski Theater.” It holds 300 people – let’s pray the Lord will fill it to at least half capacity. The topic and speaker will be the same – “It’s in the Genes” with Dr. Robert Carter being the speaker.
8. We are pleased to announce that in the fall we will be holding a Reformation Conference on October 29th and 30th – Friday Evening and Saturday morning. The conference will be held at Redeemer United Reformed Church in Orange City. The title of the conference will be, “Biblical Worldview and the Great Commission.” It will focus on the Christian worldview and how it will affect our evangelism individually and as a church. The speaker is Dr. Sacha Walicord, a former professor at Dordt University and is a visiting professor for worldview and apologetics at the Akademie fuer Reformatorische Theologie (Reformed Theological Seminary) in Giessen, Germany.
9. The Creation Conference in Dublin, Ireland that was planned May 22nd has been postponed to 2021; Lord willing, in April. The will be held in partner with Arann Reformed Baptist Church of Dublin. Rev. Stetler has been with Rev. Mark Fitzpatrick to coordinate this very important outreach event in the Dublin area. Mark is the pastor of Arann RBC and the chairman of Reformation Ireland. Please keep that event in prayer.
10. For the monthly Financial Report, please scroll down to the next page.
Please keep Reformation Gospel Ministries in your prayers. We are in need of financial support to fund the many projects we are currently engaged in – please prayerfully consider giving to this work of the Lord as reach out to the lost in many countries through the world. Your tax-deductible donation is greatly appreciated.
Click here to donate: Donate – Reformation Gospel Ministries
Your Servant in Christ,
Richard Stetler, CEO